Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Spotting instead of regular menstruation. Normal for 47 year old woman?

i am 47 years old..and this is the 2nd time i have my delayed menstruation ... i have a regular 24 to 28 days cycle..i got worried few days ago i started spotting..for2 to 3 days ..then came a little flow of blood after 3days of spotting..and i am i think 3 days menstruating..i wonder if this is normal for a 47 years old like me whom i am candidate menopausal..for more than a year i am having a 3 to 4 days heavy menstruation..
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hope this message finds u in good health.
I have gone through ur msg and understand your concern.

it may be due to some sort of hormonal imbalances or variations in the body,though there may be other reasons as well

Nothing to worry about, You should eventually get back to normal.

Take multi vitamin and calcium supplements
Do consult a gynecologist if symptoms worsen

Get back to me for any FOLLOW UP QUERIES anytime.

Regards,Dr Mahaveer Patil...(MBBS,MS,Mch)
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2016
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Dalia Muraleedharan's  Response
Hi, Thanks for writing..
At the time of menopause, period becomes irregular. You can get AMH done to see for the level. If level is low less than 2 . you are going to attain menopause soon.Hope I have anawered your query.Good day
Answered: Sat, 4 Oct 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor