Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Soreness in the stomach and below the chest area. Pain while eating and drinking. What is wrong?

my stomach is sore and sometimes below my chest area. It hurts when ever i eat and sometimes when i drink (water). I have had before, worse than this and it lasted for about 3 days. Right now i am on my second day, it sometimes helps when i put hot water bottle on it but sometimes it doesn t. Any idea on what it might be and to help? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,
Thanks for writing to us.
Have you vomitted blood/brownish vomitus-Coffee ground vomitus.
passed dark or tarry stools /Do you drink/smoke/?
If any of the answers are yes to the above,in all probabality you are suffering from Ac.Gastric/Duodenal Ulcer.
Diagnostic Test ;Upper GE Endoscopy under sedation .You will have to consult a Surgical Gastro enterologist in a tertiary care centre and undergo Upper GE endoscopy as a day care procedure.
In this type of situation pls avoid Aerated Beverages/Drinks at any cost to prevent bleeding and perforation of the affected Part.
The treatment in the event of an ulcer- involves admission, IV fluids administration,Correction of Acid Base balance/electrolyte balance/administration of H2 Receptor antagonists/Proton pump inhibitors/Spasmolytics/Probiotics/Bed rest in an observation Room.
Surgical Treatment;-Surgery is resorted to in refractory cases where medical treatment is less effective in situations of PERFORATION OF ULCER and BLEEDING as a life saving measure.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.,
Best regards.,
Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan.,

Answered: Mon, 17 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor