What causes stabbing pain under the left rib cage?
Heart attack should be ruled out.
Thank you for the query.
Your symptoms may indicate stomach issues (an ulcer), heart attack or rib nerve pain.
As you feel tired and exhausted I would start with ruling out heart attack. You should definitely visit ER and have heart ECG along with heart attack markers done.
If the pain gets more intense after a meal intake, peptic ulcer should be considered. To diagnose it gastroscopy should be done.
If this two issues are ruled out, rib nerve pain can be the case. If so, physical therapy and painkillers (like Diclophenac) should ease the pain.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause stabbing pain in the lower head
- What causes severe stabbing pain under the sternum
- What causes intermittent stabbing pain in my left foot
- Experiencing stabbing pain under my left breast on rib cage
- What causes stabbing pains in my eye sockets
- Severe stabbing pain in groin what is causing this
- Stabbing pain under right rib cage
- What causes stabbing pain in vaagina
- Stabbing pain in rib cage
- What could cause stabbing pain on abdomen and shoulder
- Nausea and hunger after eating, waking up at night hungry, urge to...
- Pain inside anus during bowel movement. Is Xyloproct or preparation H...
- Bad odor in belly button, red substance inside, oozing pus
- Pain in front of arm and at wrist under thumb, swelling and throbbing....
- Chest tightness when walking, upper back discomfort, heartburn, no...
- Lump in chest, painful, have pain in ribs and lower back
- Done hernia repair in belly button, have cramp on right side,...
- Frostbite wound on chest from blister freezer. Itching and peeling off....
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, blood in urine. What do I do?
- Is triple action viriliy purchase thru new vitality safe?