What causes stabbing pain under the left rib cage?

General Surgeon
Question
I have a stabbing pain on my left side 2 inches below my rib cage. It is constant discomfort but at times will feel like a stabbing pain. I feel it when I breath in or if I move it just occurs. I feel tired and exhausted. I have a bloated feeling of fullness, I did have a bowel movement today.
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Heart attack should be ruled out.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Your symptoms may indicate stomach issues (an ulcer), heart attack or rib nerve pain.
As you feel tired and exhausted I would start with ruling out heart attack. You should definitely visit ER and have heart ECG along with heart attack markers done.
If the pain gets more intense after a meal intake, peptic ulcer should be considered. To diagnose it gastroscopy should be done.
If this two issues are ruled out, rib nerve pain can be the case. If so, physical therapy and painkillers (like Diclophenac) should ease the pain.

Hope this helps.
Regards.