• question-icon

Sore throat near ear, neck to back of ear swollen, inflamed. Chest tight, cant breath normally. Help?

hi. i have this problem on my throat. i dont know if something stuck like food i ate or have a sorethroat of some sort. it is near my ear and it bothers me because i feel my neck to back of my ear swollen and inflammed. it started almost 3 days ago until now. right now i cant stop burping and my chest is tight i cant breath normally. i hope you can help me. thanks.
Sat, 21 Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
As you mentioned that there is swelling in the throat extending up to ear.
There are tightness in chest with breathlessness from last 3 days i.e. acute infection .
This may be due to ,
1 Allergic bronchitis , develops constriction in the chest ,hence you are feeling breathlessness and difficulty in breathing.
Coincidence was that this allergy was accompanied with infection in the throat i.e. allergy with added infection. This develops into SEPTIC PHARYNGITIS ,hence there develops swelling in the upper palate in throat .
Due to this you are feeling as something stuck in throat.
This can be confirmed by an E N T as physical examination will reveal the whole thing.
So consult an E N T and get his treatment .
Antiseptic solution gargles will give you some relief.
Good luck.
Dr. HET