• question-icon

What is the reason for the headache, nausea, drainage in throat and difficulty in swallowing?

My boyfriend has the flu and I woke up yesterday morning with inflamed gums around where my wisdom teeth would be but I don't have wisdom teeth. Its painful to swallow and eat. Today, to add to that I also have a headache, nausea, and I'm very tired. I also have drainage in the back of my throat. I don't know if it is safe to go to work tomorrow and what is causing this.
Tue, 31 Dec 2013
Hello
Thanks for the visit to H.C.M. Forum.
1 You may got infection ( contagious ) and may develop septic pharyngitis . Due to this sepsis there develop infection in mouth , so difficulty in swallowing and pain. Get in local antiseptic solution .
2 Tonssilitis may be the next reason , this is also due to infection and patient feel pain in throat and difficulty in swallowing .This may be due to flu from your boyfriend .
3 Allergic bronchitis as you are also having drainage ( post nasal discharge ) , sometimes allergy produces post nasal discharge . If infection occurs with allergy produces pain in throat .
In my opinion you may have flu as well bacterial infection .Consult an E N T specialist and get his opinion as physical examination is important .
Good luck.
Dr. HET