Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Sore nipple with a scaly patch. Breast feeding 2 yr old. Should I worry ?

Hi I m hoping you can put my mind at rest my name is AAAAA I m 36 and a mother of 6 children I m still currently breast feeding my two yr old and he sometimes bites my breast when he falls asleep , today I was inspection a sore nipple when I noticed I have a small hollow ish scaly patch near the nipple kits not itchy or anything bit I did notice it looks like its peeling slightly ! Is this from his teeth rubbing or is it something I should worry about ? Warm regards Theresa mulvey
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
From history it seems that this cut might be due to teeth bite of baby while breast feeding.
Now you can stop breast feeding as baby is 2 years old.
Clean the part with water and apply antibiotic cream.
For time being do not go for feeding from that breast.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor