Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Sore lump above breast, lump on elbow. Done blood test. History of anemia

Hello I am writing to you as I am worried about something. Over the past few days - maybe about a week, I ve had this really sore lump just above my left breast next to my armpit. Very sore to touch, the past few months I have noticed that I seem to have developed a habit of tensing my left breast without realising I am even doing it, it s almost like a twitch sometimes. I also have just noticed today, that I have a small lump on the inside of my elbow right on my vein . This is not painful at all and becomes more visible as I stretch my arm up or raise it. I had blood taken for tests three days ago but I have had blood tests a lot and never had this before, I have been anaemic in the past but have not had an up to date test to prove if I still am it not i am currently waiting on results. I am also planning on breast enlargement surgery this year and I m meeting my surgeon in the next couple weeks so this worries me even more as I hope this wont be a complication. Thank you for your time and I hope you can help! Lisa Quinn.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi LISA,

It seems like "infected sebaceous cyst" in your arm pit.

let me explain what do I mean, their are glands(bunch of cells modified to do certain things) called sebaceous glands which secrete the sweat and an oily substance called sebum, they have an opening at one end and closed at other like a bottle normally it can get the production out from the opening but due to one or other reason the opening is closed/sealed and hence the production of sweat / sebum can't come out so it starts building up and it seems like a bump still at this time it will be painless, but slowly it might get infected and the infection makes it painful which is present in your case.


you need to consult your doctor.

here is they most likely do

1) will take a visual inspection

2) prescribe some antibiotic and pain medication

3) if nothing works they need to make a small cut to drain the pus and collected sebum , may not need to make even a cut some cases they can just put a needle and drain out the stuff.
It seems like a LIPOMA- Benign fat lump and if not much a cosmetic issue then I will advice you to just leave it as its non-cancerous , but just to be on a safe side let surgeon have a visual conformation.
Hope it helps,

But make sure you deal this thing first and then go for breast enhancement,

mostly the surgeon will also advice you the same stuff.

Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor