Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Sore bump on roof of mouth, holes in gums. Gargling with salt water. Gluten allergy?

I have a sore bump on the roof of my mouth, and a part of the skin is tender and feels very smooth. Right next to it closer to my tooth I have several little holes in my gums that also hurt. I have been gargling with salt and water but today I got two canker sites on the inside of my mouth and on my lip. I have an allergy to gluten would this be a symptom of ingesting gluten or should I see a doctor? It hurts so much I can t even eat, anything.
Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I assume that you have this problem at least for few days.
If it is gluten allergy you must have noticed immediately after intake.
Taking Heavy Antibiotics - without associated Lactobacillus may also produce like this due to deficiency of vitamins. The way you have expressed your complaints goes in favor of fungal infection in the mouth.Treatment:
Anti Fungal local application ointment or liquid,
Anti Fungal Oral Tab
Antibiotics, as there may be associated infection
Maintaining oral hygiene
Best Wishes
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. G Gayatridevi's  Response
I have read your question,
By the Symptoms you have given above , the issue could be due to fungal infection, vitamin deficiency , sensitivity to toothpaste , or bacterial infection.

Symptoms of gluten sensitivity may include bloating, abdominal discomfort, pain, or diarrhea; or it may present with a variety of extraintestinal symptoms including headaches and migraines, edema, lethargy and tiredness, attention-deficit disorder and hyperactivity, muscular disturbances as well as bone and joint pain.

Since you didnot mention any , I think the posibbility of a gluten reaction is less,
I suggest you to take vitamin rich foods like citrus fruits , indian gooseberry , green leafy vegetables etc.
Along with it take antibiotic and anti-inflammatory tabs(until the soreness reduces) and multivitamin capsules atleast for a week.

I recommend you to consult a physician nearby for further guidance

Wishing you a good health,
DR.G.Gayatri devi.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor