Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
139 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Sore and rough tongue. Feeling of burnt tongue. Sides of tongue black. Should I be concerned?

Hi, I m a little concerened about my tongue For a few days now the back of the tongue feels sore, rough and high ridged to touch (if that makes sense). The rest of my tongue feels like it is burnt, similar to burning your tongue after drinker a tea or coffee that was to hot. Then last night i looked at my tongue to find all my viend under and to the side of my tongue are no longer blue...they are black. Should i be concearned?
Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
Hello..there are lot of conditions that mimic this clinic scenario....this commonly occurs in nutritional deficiencies or in some type of bacterial and viral infections... Clinical examination is mandatory....Consult a Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon for expert opinion.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I noticed two areas on my tongue , on the left and right sides, in the way back of the tongue that are almost black in color. It may be referred to...

Recent questions on  Nutritional deficiency

doctor1 MD

I have post viral gastroparesis and the doctor said it would go away in 5 days on its own. I took ranitidine for a whole week last week and a day...

doctor1 MD

I have a small taste bud that is a little swollen. I went to the hospital and had the doctor look at it. He said it was not cancer. But I don't...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, As a typical software employee, I too have hair fall issue. I have a long silky hair which is used to be good before joining in IT...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, How much does Vit D deficiency or insufficiency has impact on Hair Loss. Does getting the Vit D levels corrected would help in hair...

doctor1 MD

My friend, Jay has a son, Jimmy, age 8, and is well-nourished so she tries to make sure that besides eating healthy that he take a daily child’s...

doctor1 MD


Iam 23 years old and had a laparotomy 3months before due to ruptured appendicitis... now iam having sudden excessive hair loss.... i have...

doctor1 MD

Hi, recently my tongue became red with a burning sensation, some spots on the side and cracked tongue. It lasted about 2 weeks, recently , I...