Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Small spot like pimple on tongue looks big now. Painful to eat and talk. What to do?

my mother age is 63 the bisep report is not clear for her tongue, the small emerging spots like pimple (2 to 3) middle leftside part of the tongue now merged and it looks big now (within 8 days) earlier doct. say no problem but now she is having pain in mouth, ear, painful to eat and talk. new doctor(dentist) tells she needs operation (tumer) what to do.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
ENT Specialist 's  Response
You must consult an ENT specialist and get her examined.
If required a repeat biopsy can be done and if the ENT surgeon feels then an Excision biopsy can be done .
In excision biopsy the whole of the lesion will be removed and sent for Biopsy reporting.
Sometimes the initial biopsy is negative as the lesion in bit inside the mucosa and may be taken from a non representative place .
So it will be better if you get done excision biopsy.
You must hurry up as these tongue lesions are very notorious and grow fast. so it needs to be removed and biopsy done .
Answered: Mon, 15 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor