Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Small sized ovum. Conception possibility? IUI suggested. Irregular periods. Follimon injection prescribed. Suggestions?

i have a small size ovum . so will i possible to conceive??? my doctor advised me to do IUI . but for that ovum size is not large. i got conceived after 2 months from my marriage then it gets aborted.until then i didn t get conceived till now. i have irregular periods too. doctor advised me to inject FOLLIMON from my 2nd day of periods i m taking regularly,now 16th day still now ovum is not growing. it grows only up to 14mm. what to do Dr? pls help me
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  155
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
Hi, definitely you can conceive. Especially since you had conceived naturally before.
IUI is an initial step in infertility treatment. But before i suggest you any specific treatment i would like to know the detailed history. My advise is to meet an infertility specialist and get evaluated thoroughly, if required even an hysterolaproscopy. Be positive. Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 30 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma's  Response

Welcome to HealthCareMagic,

It is not ovum, but it is Graafian follicle, which is not attaining full size. If ovulation doesn't occur, intra uterine insemination will be of no use.

Follimon contains urofollitropin. It is given to you to stimulate graafian follicle to attain full size. Once adequate size (18-20mm) is achieved, it is followed by a single injection of chorionic gonadotropin to stimulate ovulation.

If follimon is not working, you might be suffering with insulin resistance and your serum insulin level might be high. In addition to it, you should get following test done and consult your Gynecologist with reports.:- Serum levels of LH, FSH (on 3rd day), Thyroid hormones, Androgen hormone, Prolactin, Estradiol (E-2), Progesterone (21st day) and Anti Mullerian Hormone.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma
Answered: Thu, 30 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor