Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Small lump under earlobe, pain on touching, looks like a pimple. Cause of worry?

Hey my name is XXXXX, just a few days ago I noticed a smaller than pea-sized lump under my left earlobe , I got my ears peirced not too long ago and the lump isn t really painful unless I touch it and it seems like it may be a zit, my boyfriend has oily skin and he had lumps like mine under his earlobes and they just went away. It s red like a zit but I just want to make sure it isn t anything serious...
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  201
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

It probably might be an enlarged lymph node. Lymph nodes get enlarged when there is an infection. Since it was in the recent past you had got your ear lobe pierced, it might have caused some infection. You may require some antibiotics since it is inflamed (painful to touch and reddish in colour). Please visit your physician to get it examined and treated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist your further.

Answered: Sun, 4 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor