Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Small child, several vomiting episodes. Taking ondem syrup, decreased appetite, yellow fluid in ear. Treatment?

My Kid 2.5 years old had 3 vommitings day before.. doc prescibed Ondem syrup 3 ml twice a day..yest he had no vomiting but his appetite has decreased..had 1 lose motion yeaterday.. today some yellowish fluid in his right ear..hes nt letting me touch his ear so i suspect he has some pain there? whtas happened to him..he also complained of some stomach ache yest
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  156
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

Your son is having an intestinal infection and probably acute otitis media (infection of the middle ear). If he is not letting you touch his right ear and there is a yellowish discharge then the ear needs to be shown to a doctor to rule out middle ear infection. If there is infection then appropriate antibiotic which shall cover both the ear and intestinal infection needs to be given. The infection can be the reason why his appetite has reduced.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.
Your child is having two problems :
1. Acute diarrhea due to which he is having loose stools and vomintings.
2. Ear infection which is causing pain and eye discharge.
Some times infection in the body will lead to diarrhea called Parenteral diarrhea which subsides with treating the primary infection.
Continue medication as advised by the doctor.
Maintain hydration by giving sips of oral rehydration solutions like Pedialyte.
Monitor hydration by urine output, activity, and skin turgor.
Consult the Pediatrician again to get ear examined and treatment for it.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor