Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Small child, cheek injury, red rash, blisters around mark. Treatment options?

hi my 2 year old son has a red blotchy rash in a small area on his right check this appeared a couple of days ago after he was hit with a toy at first it was just a red mark but over the last day or two it has come out in small blister like bumps surrounded with a red mark that has been getting worse each day. He does not seem to be ill, no temperature, still has a good appetite and still as energetic as normal.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your concern. However, it is difficult to tell what the problem is without having a look at it. Since blister formation has occured and it is getting worse I suggest you show your son to a doctor who will guide you furhter in this regard. In the mean time just apply some bland ointment/oil till you see a doctor.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.


Answered: Tue, 4 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor