Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Slump forming on scar, filled with pus. Surgery done to remove keloid scar. Treatment?

Hi, I had a surgery four years ago. I have a huge keloid scar that extend horizontally across my stomach . Initially I went into surgery due to appendicitis and due to complications from it I had 5 surgery s in total. Even tho not proven yet the doctor thought it was chrons disease at that time. Now I have slump forming on my scar that is full puss. This is not he first time this has happened.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  143
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

I would suggest The area should be treated with an antibiotic steroid combination .
That would take care of the infection and inflammation .
You might need to get a biopsy done to check for any pre malignant changes in the long standing scar .
Thanks and Take care
Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor