Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Slight pain on right side, had prolonged cough and phlegm after a bout of flu. Should I go for X-ray?

Hi,I am a female aged 55, I had a flu last month and the cough and phlegm lasted almost more than a month. I had taken two types of antibiotics and prednisone twice the inhalers. I still have the feeling of a slight pain on my right side. Do I have to see the doc for another dose of antibiotic or go for an x ray. or will it go on its own as the immune system start progressing?? Thanks Susy
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi Dear

Welcome to the Health Care Magic.

Dear Mm as you had a episode of respiratory tract infection one month back and some symptoms are still continuing .

In my opinion you require through investigations like Complete Blood Count. CXR. sputum for AFB exam and culture etc to rule out any infection inside the lung or the plural cavity .

Please consult a physician he will investigate you in this line and manage you accordingly.

Hope your query is answered.


Answered: Sun, 14 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor