Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Slight pain in upper abdomen extending at the back, heartburn. Diagnosed moderate fatty liver infiltration. Suggest

Hi. I'm Sally, 53 years old. I experience slight pain at the upper right quadrant of my abdomen, have sgpt of 142, and experience heartburn. Ultrasound showed I have moderate fatty liver infiltration. Sgpt gone down to 68 after taking ursofalk for a month. Did not continue medication. Am still having slight pain in my abdomen, sometimes extending at the back. What could this be? What should I do? Pls. help. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response
For your heartburn have you taken antacids for the required period. Fatty infiltration of liver is deposition of fat in liver cells and would suggest you to moderate your lipid intake as much as possible and do some exercises to reduce the fat as well. Continue ursofalk based on your doctors advice which shall also help in reducing your fat in liver. Also you may ask your doctor whether you need an endoscopy.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi Sally, welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for calling H.C.M.Forum.
You are n53 years, had slight pain at the upper right quadrant of the abdomen, some times extending to the back.
you had S.G.P.T.142, with heart burn, used ursofalk, for a month it came down to 68. Ultrasound showed moderate fatty infiltration.
If you are maintaining the diet controle with less fat, and sugar, it may be simple gastric irritation, may be contrlled with anti acid treatment.
If it is not controlled you may have to see your doctor for identifying the fatty liver, and continue the treatment for fatty liver.
in the meanwhile avoid taking spices, junk foods, and oily foods.
Wising for a quick and complete recovery.
Best regards.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor