Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Should i do the blood test for HIV after having an intercourse with an unknown person?

Am very sorry to say this yesterday i made an intercourse with a women. who is not a prostitue but she is a family women doing like this as his hobby some times for the money. but i went without having a condom i forgot to but that, but i just did only once just 2 minutes my penis inside thats it. but am afraid of hiv . but am sure that women doesnot have a disease like that , now what should i do to prevent when i need to do the blood test for confiorm idonot have hiv
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
  User's Response
Hiv antibodies appear 6 to 12 weeks after getting the disease.In rare cases upto 6 months.Blood tests before 3 months can give unclear results. It is advised that you get a blood test after 3 months of the intercourse
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor