Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Should I consult a doctor for bruise on the shin which has turned into a soft spot with fluid ?

I got a bruise on my shin during soccer, it has a soft spot almost like there is fluid in it but no discoloration. Should I go to have it checked out ?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Heather ;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Yes please get it checked by a doctor as it is due to injury & it will always carry some risk of infection.So a preventive check up is necessary if there is nothing to worry then you can relax.Take care.
Answered: Thu, 31 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Vikas Dwivedi's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
i dont think so tht u require any kind of medical advise, it seems to a normal,
if pain persist thn only u go n consult a doc,becoz over the shin less soft tissue r thr and i think tht u dont hv pain (u not mentioned) tht means no bony injury. apply some betadine lotion, this will help u.
tk care
Answered: Thu, 31 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor