Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Should I apply a hot towel for Painful lump in armpit ?

I am a 21 year old female and last night I discovered what looks like a boil under my right armpit. I have gotten boil like bumps on my face every so often but never anywhere else. I ve done some research and have found that it could be anywhere from cysts to more serious as to cancer . My arm is killing to move or leave relaxed by my side. The bump/lump is the size of a dime and hurts to touch. Should I just apply a hot towels to it or see a doctor . Please help.
Asked On : Thu, 19 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  251
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Since it is pain-full,it seems to be a FOLLICULITIS or a BOIL.You need not worry.You should consult a dermatologist for this ,who would prescribe you a course of oral antibiotic along with some topical antibiotic cream.You can also take anti inflammatory painkiller to reduce the pain.

Since it is hurting you,it is not a cancer.
I would not advice a hot towel here.Please consult a skin specialist for proper prescription.

Answered: Thu, 19 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Thank you. I'll be making an appointment soon. I appreciate the fast response, thank you again.
Answered: Thu, 19 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor