Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Short period with extremely scanty flow. History of heavy flow during menses. Worrisome?

I am 41 years old. I usually have menstrual cycles that last anywhere from 5-7 days. This month, I started my period early, but only bleed very, very light for one day, then I discharged pink like tissue (It looked like pink toilet paper) when I went to the bathroom and my period went completely away. I usually would have very dark red clots, but I didn t get that. Any ideas so that I know what to ask my gynecologists to check for? Thank you
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  180
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Due to hormonal level imbalance after 40 you gets this type of scanty bleeding.This happens in menopause.There is no regularity in periods as well as it's periodicity & amount of bleeding.
Your doctor is a better person to check all possibility.
Answered: Tue, 24 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor