Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Shin injury, swelling, bruising in leg, unable to wear high boots, numb scab. Treatment?

i got a kick to the shin 9 days ago and have had a bit of swelling and bruising has gone from the bottom of my foot to about 8 inches up my leg. Bruising has gone around both sides of my leg. I can walk on it without pain but cant wear high boots. Around the scab from the kick it is still numb, what could this be and does it need a check up?
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  163
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

Thanks for writing in,

Since you are able to continue your day-to-day activities without any difficulty, except while wearing high boots, the condition should resolve by its own. During injury, few cutaneous nerves would have suffered injury or it may be due to localised hematoma. Keep hot water fomentation around the part. Dont wear any tight socks or boots, it might delay the healing. Take some neurotonic drugs containing vit.b12.

Answered: Thu, 30 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. As you describe it appears that there is a crack fracture at the site of the hit. I advise you to consult an orthopedic surgeon for diagnosis and treatment. you may have to undergo Xray besides other routine tests for confermation of the condition.
Besides i advise you some diet recomendations, as avoid taking potato other tubers tomato egg and sea foods which are supposed to increase the sensitivity to pain. You may need to have plaster cast and immobilization for complete recovery.
Wishing for a quick recovery, and thanks for calling.
Answered: Thu, 30 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor