Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Shin injury. Applied ice. Bruising, swollen ankle, numbness. Will it heal on its own?

I just finished a State cup tournament this weekend for soccer. Myself and another player went for the ball and she ended up kicking my shin with full force. This occured on Saturday and I finished the last of the games on Sunday. It is now Tuesday and I've been icing and elevating. The bruising has now spread throughout my leg and is numb. My ankle has now become swollen as well. I have numbness from the top of my shin all the way to my foot. Do I need to see a doctor for any fractures at all or would it be able to heal on its own? I'm a healthy 30 year old and my friend who works at the hospital informed me that even if it's fractured the dr will just tell me to rest and nothing more.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It seems that you might be having severe soft tissue injury leading to swelling and bruises.
Bur to be on safe side go for x-ray to rule out any crack.
For soft tissue injury and infection consult your doctor for antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines
continue with ice pack.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Tue, 2 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor