Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Sex very painful and burning. Advised lubrication. Problem persist. Solution?

i have been married 2 weeks 25 years old girl.on first day of my marriage, i had seemed very painful and burning. so i stopped him.after 2 days of my marriage i got periods.hence for 9 days i dint have sex. yesterday i was depressed and asked many of my relatives and friends to help me..they suggested vaseline for lubrication ,anasthecia for pain and ultracet tablet.i had all these at night and again had sex, but no use. his penis is not going into my vagina .its burning me at that place.both are very frustuated and i am afraid of the nights these days and very very spouse is very interested about it. but i am really helpless.please help me sir.i am very scared of nights height is 5 feet and weight 44kgs.please help me sir
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Hello agricoisha
Welcome to Health Care Magic

First of all just to reassure you I would like to tell you that it is normal to have some pain in females during first intercourse, it may be due to break of hymen or also due to tightness of vaginal walls. So during sexual intercourse if a girl experience pain and fails to do, she may experience severe anxiety because of failure. This results in anticipatory anxiety about having sex as well as guilt of failure. Both anxiety and guilt further deteriorate the problem.
Yes use of lubrication will be beneficial but use only aqueous based (water) lubricants as oil based lubricants may cause infection. Secondly talk to your partner and gradually progress to next step. For relief of pain you can use any OTC analgesic like paracetamol, ibuprofen etc.
If problem persists then visit a gynecologist to rule out anatomical abnormality if any.

Take Care
Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Geriatrics Specialist Dr. Surendiran Gaj's  Response
Hi there,
Thanks for writing to us,
Pain during intercourse or dyspareunia is mainly due to vaginismus (reflux spasm of vagina during intercourse resulting in severe pain).
It may of various reasons like vaginal or urinary tract infections. The identification of the exact cause need proper examination.
It is usually common on newly married women who experience sex for first time.
The treatment may be physiological or psychological depends on the cause.
The painful experience itself have an bad impression of sex resulting vaginismus , which usually needs general counseling with an practitioner along with your partner.
Physical causes are treated with pelvic stretch exercises.
If your problem is getting severe ,it is advised to meet an GP as soon as possible to get examined and treated for the cause.
Let me know if you had further questions,
Good health
Answered: Wed, 6 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor