Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in the left side of my head

Dear Doctor, I am 25 yrs old men and working on computer from last 6 yrs, I am having severe pain in my left side of head from last 2 years. This occurs very rarely, but sometimes the pain so much that i cant control myself. I have never consult this to any of the doctor. Can you please suggest me why it is happening and whom should i consult for better treatment or give me some tips if its normal. Thanks and regards, Rafaqat
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  131
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello rafaqat;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The type of headache you are describing if it is occassional then it could be migraine or in simple language it is tension induced headache.This type of headache is related to stress of work;mental stress;and even it can be due to over use of eyes as you are working on computer.Presently you can just control by taking short breaks during working on computer;get examined your eyes to rule out any refractive error;eat healthy diet and take enough sleep and rest.If it is repeated please consult a doctor for help and treatment.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Rafaqat, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Your History suggests you have Migraine. Do you have any Vision or sound sensitivity? Kindly get yourself examined by a neurologist so that he can examine you thoroughly and prescribe medications. Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up. Avoid stress and long working hours in front of the computer. Schedule regular breaks every 20 minutes while you are working and exercise regularly. Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and Green leafy veggies and maintain a healthy weight. If you smoke and drink, QUIT. Apply heat pads regularly where the pain is severe and maintain a headache diary to know which factor precipitate and relive your Headache. Sleep for 8 hours daily and practice relaxation techniques like Yoga and meditation.

Wish you Good Health, Take Care.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Are you sensitive to loud sounds and bright light. Does the headache increase during evening. It can be a Tension headache or a Migraine commonly. Do not take much stress. Learn to relax by deep breathing exercises and meditation/yoga. You may also have trouble sleeping. Mild massage of the left side of your heeadache can relieve the headache to some extent if it is a tension headache. Also get your eyes checked as you may be having refractive error and may need glasses. Do you have high BP. You may try taking T.Diclofenac 75mg after a meal with plenty of water when you get the headache but not more than 2 tablets a day. Consult your Neurologist/Psychiatrist for best advice and management.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor