Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Severe itching in penis, burning sensation. Prescribed miconazole for yeast infection. Cure?

my son has a bad itch in his penis and it hurts. The doctor said it looks like he has a yeast infection and to buy miconazole over the counter and put it on him. I did and it burn him and still itches. Is there anything else I can do to help with the discomfort. Also, his urine test came back ok, but he has these sensations like he has to go to the bathroom, but nothing comes out. What does that mean?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  302
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi grisel ! apply the cream don't rub, now if he is more then 6 year old ask doctor for oral fungal tablet like fluconazole and anti allery tab like cetrizine for itching. I think he has UTI infection too need to give antibiotic like doxycycline. Please do consult these thing with doctor. Be healthy .bye.
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jignesh Vasava's  Response

Yes. Miconazole Cure Fungle infection If applied for 4-6 weeks Regularly 2-3 times a day at effectively.


Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor