Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Sensitive area on the chest followed by rubbery feeling, sore scab oozing pus. Any ideas?

i felt a strange sensation on a small area of my chest last night and it was very sensitive to hot water when i showered. This morning I ve woken up with that area which had like a rubbery feeling to touch compared to the normal smooth had converted into a sore scab oozing a little puss in the middle. Please can you give me any idea what this could be. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

It seems that you might have developed insect toxic dermatitis.

There is wheal ,erythema ,oozing and irritation and burnig.

All these ,suggest dermatitis caused by insect bite ...

Take a short course of antibiotics.

Take antihistaminics with steroids in tappering dose.

Apply antibiotic cream.

Do not scratch the lesion.

Within few days the lesion might be dried and healed after treatment.

You may consult dermatologist.

This much would be helpful to you.


Dr. Ilyas Patel Md
Answered: Tue, 13 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor