Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Scar left from hair removal cream. Can surgery be done to regularize skin growth?

Hi, I am at my wits end I have been undergoing treatment for 2 yrs for a severe scar left from a hair removal cream. I have ha d steroid injections, dermabrasion , all kinds of creams to apply & laser treatments. Nothing is working I think I had a 2nd degree burn and I have no option but surgery. can t surgery been done to remove the damaged tissue & synethic tissue be used so regular skin can be grown back?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

I think you are having hypertrophic scar following irritant contact dermatitis due to hair removal cream.

It may be resistant to different modes of treatment you undergone.

Now you have no option except plastic surgery.

Scar revision surgery might be done by expert aesthetic surgeon.

And that may give near good result...

You consult aesthetic surgeon,discuss and go ahead if you feel satisfaction.

Otherwise , you accept the condition and live without worry.

I hope you got my answer.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Fri, 11 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor