Rough coughing bout followed by ear popping, have spinning feeling on lying in bed, ringing ears. What should be done?

I had a rough coughing bout friday night, and my left ear popped. From that point forward, every cough caused my left ear to pop. The following day i was laying in bed, started to fee like i was spinning, so I stood up quickly. I immediately began to experience a ringing in my ear and a loss of high frequency hearing in that ear. Those symptoms greatly diminished by Monday, although did not disappear completely. I went to an exercise class that night, and halfway through, the ringing came back louder than ever, but i also started to experience severe vertigo . That lasted partway through the day yesterday, and has since subsided, however the ringing is still louder than ever. I m not exactly sure what to do, and am afraid to exercise, as the vertigo it brought on was moderately debilitating... what should i do?
Mon, 17 Sep 2012