Suggest remedies for persistent cough in a child
Here giving cough suppressant with bronchodilator will help
I can understand your concern.
Croup is an acute condition and as you have described that cough daily at night dies not fit into Croup.
To me it appears to be bronchitis or whooping cough.
Giving cough suppressant like dextromethorphan/codein with antiallergic like cetrizine and some brinchodikator(which helps in relieving airway spasm) usually helps in such cases.
In view of suspected whooping cough/atypical infection I would like to give antibiotic like azithromycin also.
I request you to revisit your doctor or get a second opinion from a different doctor.
I hope this helps.
Wishing for your child's rapid recovery.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Persistent cough in teenager
- Ticklish persistent cough
- Suggest treatment for severe persistent cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough despite taking antibiotics
- What is the cause for persistent cough in child
- Persistent cough with heart palpitations
- Persistent cough diabetes
- Persistent coughing in cold weather
- Pain in the calf and persistent cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough