Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Ringing, hissing sound, fluid in ears. Ear test showed fullness in one ear. Treatment?

it started with a loud fine ring sound and now it has gone to a hissing type sound and sometimes i can hear fluid releasing well thats what i think it is have been for ear test and my right ear was fine but the left air they couldnt test cause the machine made it feel full and like the air couldnt go anywhere help please
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  189
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

A hissing in the ear along with fullness in the ear can be suggesting many causes all centering on to your ears or rarely brain/ Sinuses
you need to do the following:
1. Get a full neurological work up including CT/ MRI of the brain to rule out any major issues
2. Get a full ENT consult and get your audiometry and CT of the brain/ Temporal bone done to rule out the contribution of the ears in your malady

Just remember that the test which caused fullness in your ears is called impedance and is a very reliable test. Also your audiometric analysis is important to rule out any hearing loss and also for further follow up.
You need to also rule out any sinus problem which can aggravate your ear block and cause the noise.

take care and get well soon

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Fri, 23 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor