Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

How can ear popping sensations be treated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 3614 Questions
I have a feeling of being in a tunnel. my ears feel like they need to pop but won't and I can hardly hear people on the phone. what is the best over the counter medicine to take. YYYY@YYYY
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs otolaryngological exam

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. This feeling of being in a tunnel and ears need to pop out and difficulty hearing people needs a auditory exam. Ear and wax deposits are likely there and need to be cleared. also eustachian tubes defect need to be ruled out. Age related auditory losses should be considered by doing baseline audiometry tests. So instead of looking for over the counter meds, get to find out an otolaryngologist and let them have a look and run some tests to find out the possible cause.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor