How can ear popping sensations be treated?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have a feeling of being in a tunnel. my ears feel like they need to pop but won't and I can hardly hear people on the phone. what is the best over the counter medicine to take. YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs otolaryngological exam

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. This feeling of being in a tunnel and ears need to pop out and difficulty hearing people needs a auditory exam. Ear and wax deposits are likely there and need to be cleared. also eustachian tubes defect need to be ruled out. Age related auditory losses should be considered by doing baseline audiometry tests. So instead of looking for over the counter meds, get to find out an otolaryngologist and let them have a look and run some tests to find out the possible cause.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D