Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Regarding my delivery should I go for a second opinion ?

I am 25 years old and 170cms tall, and I am 38 weeks pregnant , after doing pelvic exploration, my gyneac said that I would need a C-section since the baby has not descended much yet, should I go for a second opinion?
Asked On : Sun, 22 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
  User's Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
There are some criteria for doing C section. If normal pregnancy cannot be carried out there need of emergency C section. There is no opinion except C section if normal vaginal delivery couldnt be, There is no need to worry about c section,. Please follow you doctor.Take care
For detail
Answered: Sun, 22 May 2011
OBGYN Dr. Nidhi Sharma Chauhan's  Response
welcome to health care magic
is this your first pregnancy? what is the estimated weight of your baby on ultrasonography and how much does the weight seem clinically? your gynaecologist must have seen this and taken the decision of c section. however you must discuss with your gynaecologist in detail because many a times we wait till 40 weeks or even for labour to start before we take the decision of c section. this however is best seen by a doc who examines you. i feel you should have faith in your gynaecologist and discuss what you feel rather than taking another opinion and adding confusion.
Answered: Sun, 22 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor