Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Redness under nose, itchy. Worsens with sweating. Should I try Fucinide?

Hello, I started a redness under my nose , it spread to the creases of my face (smiling lines) and on my chin , also in the crease. Dr. told me first it is a bacterial skin infection but BACTROBAN made it worst. Went back and he changed the diagnoses to SEBORRHEIC dermatitis , gave me Trianex cream to use 3 days and follow with Xolagel. The redness is still there, itchy at times and redness gets worse with exercise/sweating. I have a cream from Germany called FUCINIDE salbe, should I try it? I am 49 years old woman. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 21 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  100
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi there,
I think the history and the description in your brief question in more in favour of Seborrheic Dermatitis which is a common,harmless and recurring skin condition. The exact cause is not yet found but it is said that in SD there is an increased sensitivity to yeast called Malassezia and can be aggaravated by stress.
Now the medications prescribed are i think ok,if they dont work then you can apply CLOTRIM HC cream which is combination of a mild Steroid and an anti fungal. You should also have some anti allergics like Tablet Zyrtec 10mg once at night for a week.
The name of the cream from germany is i think an anti biotic called Fusidic acid and i think there is no role of it in SD untill and unless its infected.
I hope the information will help.
thanks and all the best.
I hope
Answered: Thu, 22 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor