Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Raised, red, itchy area on chest. Should I seek immediate attention?

A slightly raised red circle the size of a nickel has appeared on my chest in last 72hrs.It does not hurt and only itchs if touched. I had a burn years ago on other side of chest that looked just like this but I do not recall being burned, it looks like a burn . If I look at it with mag3 glasses it looks like a pattern formed by a little worm . I doubt I can get appointment with dermo for a week is there a potential seriousness that I should seek immed attn? I feel fine otherwise and my skin is otherwise clear
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
It seems that that due to old burn scar there might be formation of Keloid on the part.
Consult surgeon and get examined.
There does not seems to be an emergency to consult specialist.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor