Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Pulse over hundred beats. Non smoker. Why shortness of breath?

Dear doctor my pulse is above 100 beats per min. usually 100-120. and this occurs mostly after meals.. the beats are voilent that i can feel them in my chest . I am 22 years old. I donnot smoke . I have tachycardia attacks twice. yesterday i when i laughed my heart beat raise to 160 or above and after 30 sec it was fine. i also feel shortness of breath problem for 1-3 hours every day at different times. Mujtaba Chaudhry. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

Wecome to HCM

After going thrugh history,you are having sudden episodes of tachy cardia 160 BPM certainly warrants a good clinical examination and search for the cause,

Resting/sleeping pulse is fast we should suspect thyroid disorder or Anemia.

sudden increase in heart rate could be a Paroxysmal tachycardia (Atrial) wchich can come suddenly and transiently.we should also look for any heart valve condition if any?

During Tachycardia shortness of breath is possible

Get examined by a Physician/Cardiologist and investgation like Comlete Blood Count and Xray chest,

ECG ,a 2 D Echocardiography and Holter monitering and Pulmonary Function Test .

Should give you cause of your symptoms and tachycardia.

We can treat accordingly.

Best of Luck to you

Answered: Tue, 18 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor