Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Pulsating whooshing sound in both ears, off balance feeling, prescribed flixonase for chronic rhinitis. What to do ?

i have had pulsatile wooshing sound in both ears but mainly the right for about 6 years and is now constant ,i have been to an ear specialist who has given me the all clear on my hearing , and i have recorded the sound so to prove it is a physical sound. Also i suffer from what i can only explain as a jittery off balance feeling for the same amount of time (6 years on and off), ent prescribed me with chronic rhinitis and i have been on flixonase for a few months this seems to have had a effect on the jittery feelings i get although its not completely gone, may i add i also sometimes get a dull headache with the jittery feeling. but the wooshing is constant! i have just been seen by cardiology for a 24hr ECG which showed i have rare eptopic heartbeat i have been trying to get something sorted out but with around 8 months between appointments and due to ent asking for a carotid ultrasound which was refused because i should have an MRI first. i have gone back to the beginning of the process and don t know what to do as it is driving me mad!!
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  149
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
ENT Specialist 's  Response
you need a radiological investigation and MRI is a good choice .
This will help in finding out any disease in the ear or brain. Pulsatile whooshing sound could be because of some blood vessel swelling .
And get done a hearing test again to see for any decrease in hearing.
get your Complete blood count , blood pressures , blood sugars and thyroid function test checked.
There can be a systemic reason and not only a ear problem causing the sound.
In some hyperdynamic state also like anemia, pregnancy , hyperthyroidism etc there can be such sounds.
Get well soon.
If in doubt do reply.
Answered: Sat, 7 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Allergist and Immunologist Dr. Suman Kumar's  Response
the sound is called tinnitus and it comes when sound waves are blocked at any level
wax in canal,middle ear infections,drum oedema,drum puncture,sinus infections
inner ear infections ,compression of auditory nerve or brain area relarted to ear
all these have to be investigated for cause and treat it
yes you can find something on mri
and further adanced investigations
in the mean time can use flunarazine to reduce its intesity
Answered: Sat, 7 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor