Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Prolonged periods cycle, weakness, fat like discharge. Taking femilon. Cure for symptoms?

i am a 48 years old married women.And i used to have more bleeding during my periods for upto 10-12 days.And my doctor suggested me to use femilon tablets for 2 months.After stopping taking it,I am having problem in my period even more than before.I had much more bleeding,weakness and along with blood some fat like substance was also discharged.I am really confused please tell me what should be done
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Heavy bleeding during periods is called menorrhagia.
This can occur due to many causes.
For more details :

Femilon is a combined oral contraceptive pills.
This can help in decreasing the bleeding.
But as estrogen is present in the pills that can lead to endometrial abnormalities.
So, according to your age and symptoms, better to undergo ultrasound and if needed D&C once.
This helps for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes.
Then if no abnormality detected in histopathological examination of endometrial tissue, you can go for progesterone only pills to regularize the cycles.
If any abnormality detected in investigations, treatment to be planned accordingly.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 6 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor