Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suffering from diabetes, high blood sugar levels, weakness, prolonged periods. Cure for symptoms?

Hello Doctor I am suffering from Diabetes and yesterday I tested my BloodSugar level Fasting is 325 and there is a problem with my Periodic cycle as well. my period last for 2 to 3 months. Weakness is there and I feel tired doing a small physical job even.Please help me how I can reduce my Blood sugar level and get rid of the symptoms.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Since all of your symptoms are due to adverse effects of high blood sugar levels,you must make every effort to bring it back to Normal.
Since long standing diabetes has effects on your cardiovascular system,kidney,eyes,nervous system,lipid profile etc,you require thorough blood examinations along with an eye examination.
You must consult a physician or a diabetologist for that.
Once investigated,proper anti diabetics can be prescribed to ou which shall make you all right.
Other thing to remember is to take dietary precaution along with regular exercises and reduction of weight.
Avoid sweets and junk foods.
Avoid colas and fried and fatty foods.
Try to take small meals and take them 5 to 6times a day instead of normal three large meals.
You must remember that diabetes is a lifestyle diseas and to combat it ,you have to make lifestyle changes along with regular medicines and regular visits to your doctor.
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
With the treatment your diabetes is uncontrolled.
Consult Diabetologist and start his treatment.
Diabetes might be the cause of having your period problem, but it is better to consult Gynaec for your gynaec problem for any thing wrong with your genital tract.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor