Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Prescribed medicine for high SGPT and SGOT levels. What to eat or drink to get good liver function?

hi doctor i m age 28 yrs ... tmr i have medical examination ... for my last medical examination before 6 months my sgpt/ sgot was 156/ 96 so doctor has to come for medical after a week course of medicines and it was all ok later . so tmr again i am apearing for medical test ... n m bit nervous about my sgpt and sgot .. i ll be thankful if you can adivice me wht to eat or drink before to get my liver function good? thank
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.

Diet alone will not make the liver function good.
You have raised liver enzymes. Your SGPT and SGOT are raised and SGPT is more than the SGOT. The most likely cause is nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
Tests for viral hepatitis should also be done as there are quite common causes.
If it is due to NAFLD, then weight reduction is the first step. If your blood glucose and cholesterol levels are high, these should be treated.
I hope that answers your question.
Answered: Thu, 7 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor