Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Placed a rod for broken tibia. Got a bump and its hurting. How to get cured?

I broke my tibia in a motorcycle accident in 2011. They placed a rod in my leg with two screws at the top and two at the bottom. The tip of the tip slightly sticks out of my leg so there is a bump where there shouldn t be, it s been that way since the surgery. Now whenever I play sports, or even low impact sports like cycling, the leg will start to hurt. Is there anything I can do, how much does it cost to have it removed?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
You have developed swelling at point of one screw and it hurts you during activities.The best way is get it removed as more than a year has already passed and by now fracture might have completely united.The cost of surgery vary from place to place and from center to center,but surely less than half of the intial operation cost..
Hope this answers your question.

Answered: Tue, 19 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor