Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Persistent lump on the head days after falling on the head, dizziness on twisting or moving head. Remedy?

Hey I went to a party and I head one to much and when my mate and brother took me home I opened the car door and fell head first to the ground I did not feel any thing I was passed out but know tow days later I still got a lump on my head ( left side ) and when I move my head or twist it I feel really dizzy :/// what should I do ? Or will it pass ? T
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Next before you go to the doctor you should try the following:-
Ask someone to stay with you and keep within easy reach of a telephone and medical help for the first 48 hours after the injury
Have plenty of rest and avoid stressful situations
Do not drink alcohol
Do not take sleeping pills, sedatives or tranquillisers
Do not take aspirin
Take painkillers, such as paracetamol, if you have a headache
Do not play any contact sport, such as football or rugby, for at least three weeks, and speak to your doctor before you start playing again
Do not return to work, college or school until you have completely recovered and feel ready
Do not drive a car, motorbike or bicycle or operate machinery until you have completely recovered
Answered: Sat, 17 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Critical Care Specialist Dr. Sadiq Mughal's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
You didn't felt any pain at the time of because you were under the influence of alcohol. The lump which you’re having on your forehead could be a haematoma (collection of blood under skin and muscle) due to fall. Hope fully the haematoma will get resolved of itself. However in case dizziness, headache remained persistent and you developed other symptoms like vomiting you need to go to ER and get your CT Scan head done to rule out any internal bleeding.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Sat, 17 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor