Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

123 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What are the pain management alternatives for fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis?

Answered by
Dr. Raju A.T

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 3954 Questions

Posted on Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am trying to find a pain management doctor for my daughter. The standard procedure in this area seems to be" 1. Give the patient enough pain medication to treat the pain. 2. Cut the pain medication in half My daughter has fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, and chronic pain. The pain doctors we've seen offer no complementary pain management alternatives, just cut her meds in half, which has led to withdrawal and seizures. How do we find a doctor who won't do that? She is an RN, so she understands her problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. She is currently a non-functioning lump on the bed.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Pain managment specialist Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Considering your daughter's condition I suggest you to consult a pain management specialist.He / she after assessing her can select a non invasive pain management. Also it would be good for her to consult a Physiotherapist, this is essential in people with long term pain which could lead to deformities. Kindly provide your address I shall search you the best amongst the above speciality. Waiting for your response,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Deformity

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am a 22 year old female and don t have any medical conditions. I am worried that I might have rectal prolapse or haemorrhoids, but I am not sure. When I go to the bathroom, I can feel a tiny piece of hard flesh that sticks out when I strain, but only when I strain. It s not very big or very noticeable, don t have any bleeding or pain neither. Is this something I should definitely get checked out? It doesn t necessarily cause me any discomfort apart, I just want to make sure its not the beginning of any medical problems.

doctor1 MD

Hi, I'm 14, and my spine sticks out even if I'm not bending over, I'm 120 pounds, 5'4 1/2, not super skinny or anything, could something cause this? My brother said it reminded him of a dinousaur, and bending over is kind of painful, could something be wrong or is this normal?

doctor1 MD

My wife, age 83, has developed a situation where her dominant hand (left) the index and ring fingers have curled into the palm and those knuckles are swollen . This is very painful with the pain radiating up the arm to the elbow. she has no...

doctor1 MD

i just wrote to Dr. XXXXXXX Rynne but he never answered me back. I am not allowed to take any over the counter anti inflammatory pills. I have a very painful ankly and just had an MRI done where it was diagnosed as a flatfoot deformity with a...

doctor1 MD

CT Scan of Paranasal sinuses says " Large polypoid soft tissue is seen in the left maxillary sinus along its floor. Mild mucosal thickening is seen in both ethmoid air cells and minimal in the frontal sinuses. The sphenoid sinuses are clear....

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing a tingling sensation on the right upper side of my stomach. It's only when I am putting any type of pressure on it, like sitting up, or bending down. The last couple of weeks, i've felt the same feeling on the top of my back. ANy suggestions?

doctor1 MD

I feel lightheaded in the morning, usually after standing from sitting or bending over. I've had this off and on in my adulthood (age 42) but the other morning I was bending over to pet my cat and when I stood up I passed out and blacked out for a few minutes. It was very scary. I'm pretty sure it is low blood pressure, but what can I do about it?