Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Pea sized sores near opening of vagina, painful, pus formation. What can help?

I have 2 pea sized sores near the opening of my vagina , on the underside. They are very painful. One has started to form a scab, but the other, which is closer to the opening, still has a layer of pus . Sometimes after laying down for a while, I look at them and realize the pus has become a small mess- not a ton, but just because it gets moved around. I ve had it for a little under a week, and I m in pain. It is painful to walk, and hurts a lot to touch even the slightest bit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello It seems like a sebaceous cyst which is infected from your description.

Let me explain what do I mean, their are glands(bunch of cells modified to do certain things) called sebaceous glands which secrete the sweat and an oily substance called sebum, they have an opening at one end and closed at other like a bottle normally it can get the production out from the opening but due to one or other reason the opening is closed/sealed and hence the production of sweat / sebum can't come out so it starts building up and it seems like a bump still at this time it will be painless, but slowly it might get infected and the infection makes it painful which is present in your case.

you need to consult your doctor whom you are comfortable with , I guess a lady doctor! right?

here is they most likely do
1) will take a visual inspection
2) prescribe some antibiotic and pain medication
3) if nothing works they need to make a small cut to drain the pus and collected sebum , may not need to make even a cut some cases they can just put a needle and drain out the stuff.

Any thing you do at home will make it worst and nothing except above mentioned steps works in such cases, PLEASE help your self, if you can speak u can make a print out and hand it to the treating doctor but its important to get an medical attention before it gets any more worst.

Hope it helps, Thanks.
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor