Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

What causes large bump in the center of chest under the skin?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
I have a large bump in the center of my chest under the skin. It is hard not soft.
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possible considerations Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for sending the question. There are several possibilities related to what you are describing. If this bump is right above a bone could be calcium deposit. Another possibility would be sebaceous cyst. These are very common and often occur right below a hair follicle. Even a cyst can be very hard in consistency. I would have your doctor take a look and if this is something that is uncomfortable your doctor might recommend removal. If it is otherwise not uncomfortable and your doctor agrees that it is not anything worrisome you might just continue to watch things for now. I have a low suspicion that this is something XXXXXXX but it must be evaluated by your primary care doctor. Thanks again for sharing your healthcare concern. I am available if you have any additional follow-up questions. Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes large bump in the center of chest under the skin? 24 minutes later
The bump I have is not sore and not painful.It is more noticeable when I stretch my chest.When I slump forward you cannot see it or feel it. Does this help you more on your opinion? The bump on my chest does not have a head.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Cyst Detailed Answer: this could still be a cyst. sometimes a small incision can be made in the fluid can be evacuated. Please talk to your doctor about this. Let me know if you have other questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor