Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Painful lump under the skin on the hinge of jaw, another one behind it. What could it be?

About a week ago I found a hard pea sized lump under the skin on the hinge of my jaw under my right ear. It s painful to the touch and when it s not touched I feel pressure. A couple of days ago I checked on it and there was another one behind it but a bit lower and smalled. Now that I think of it, I remember having it in the same place a few years ago, but only the one. Do you have any idea what it could be? I m very worried about it.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  194
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Stephcanflyy,
Thanks for query.
It seems that you have got enlarged lymph nodes below the ear.
this suggests that you might be having some infection in near by area i.e. in the ear,throat,neck etc.
Consult your doctor and find out the source of infection and go for the treatment accordingly.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 21 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor