Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Painful blisters on the body. Diagnosed with molluscum contagiasum, scabies and erythema multiforme minor. What is the treatment?

My daughter has recently been diagnosed with 3 different things first molluscum contagiousum, then it was scabies , and now we are told it is erythyme multiforme minor.... the spots are doubling in size over night they blister up and then scab up and look more like a burn or ulcer ... i dont know what to do anymore they are very painful for her
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  157
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Your child needs treatment primarily for erythema multiforme minor. It is an acute condition where you get multiple red rashes or target like lesions along with fluid filled lesions over the body. very mild forms can be treated with calamine lotion and topical steroids. In your case, as its painful and the lesions are painful, your child needs systemic antibiotics and steroids along with topical antibiotic and steroid based creams. Dont waste your time and consult your dermatologist as though the condition is easily treatable it can increase in severity over a period of time. Also, a complete clinical history along with physical examination is required to rule out the causative factor. Viral infections and drugs are the most common causes of EM. once the EM phase subsides scabies and molluscum can be easily taken care of. Take care
Answered: Fri, 2 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor