Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Pain, tenderness in the right side of the mouth, congestion in right ear, right side of neck swollen, making home remedies, some relief. Should I see a doctor?

Pain and tenderness on right side of roof of mouth. It s especially painful when eating acidic foods like ketchup. Strong anticeptic mouthwash burns almost unbearably initially than improves the symptoms. Right ear hurts throughout the day and is congested. Front right side of neck slightly swollen, post nasal drip on right side. Was already taking Flonase and Zyrtec D but missed a couple of doses of Flonase several days ago. Gargling with warm salt water & saline nasal irrigation are very helpful. They sooth the pain and cause a lot of coughing with mucus. This seems to temporarily clear ear, nasal, and throat congestion. Should I continue to try to treat at home or do I need to see doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  85
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, you need to see a doctor as your salivary gland duct seems to have some obstruction. For sinusitis, please take steam, mucolytics, nasal decongestants and a cause of antibiotics in consultation with an ENT. Regular mouth wash use and plenty of fluids keep the saliva thin and ductal area clean and helps. Regards
Answered: Fri, 29 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor