Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Pain near jaw ending and near to ear

I am a 27y old guy and am getting pain for the past 2 days when I open my jaw completely or chew something. I went to a dental clinic yesterday. The doc, after some testing and taking Xray confirmed that wisdom teeth is growing sidewards instead of straight direction and hence I need to remove it. So I want to know whether there is another option or is it the only way? If so, How much time medication is required?Suggest some good hospitals where this can be done in Bangalore(preferably in Marathahalli, Old Airport road), if u have some good information. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Aug 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  548
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist, Endodontics 's  Response
Hi, your condition is due to an impacted third molar. There is no other option for the condition except surgical removal as it may lead to formation of a cyst, thinning of the jaw bone leading to fractures and a lot of other problems. It is a minor chairside procedure done under local anaesthesia, So please do not worry. A good Oral surgeon must be consulted and the procedure may be finished in half to one hour duration.
Answered: Sat, 28 Aug 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Thanks Dr.Manisha. You really helped me in sorting this out. I will now set up a meeting with a doctor here in Bangalore. Or I can set it up with a doctor in Hyderabad since I will be there next weekend mostly. If you have any good references in one of the above places, I will be grateful.
Answered: Sun, 29 Aug 2010
  User's Response
Hi Bhanu, if you will be in Hyderabad, you can visit my clinic. I am doing impaction surgeries at my clinic. I also have a visiting Oral surgeon who performs the complicated surgeries. Please take a Dental OPG and consult me. You can reach me on 98488 13162. My clinic is in Malakpet Hyderabad.
Answered: Sun, 29 Aug 2010
Dentist Dr. Benley George's  Response
The problem your are suffering from is known as Pericoronitis. You should get an OPG xray taken which would show the exact position of the tooth. A dentist could determine if the tooth has sufficient space to erupt within the jaw or not. If sufficient space is not available or the tooth is impacted in an abnormal position it has to be removed surgically.
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor