Suggest treatment for pericoronitis while on Amoxicillin
I was diagnosed with pericoronitis 1 week ago and prescribed amoxicillin 500 3/day. There is an improvement on my overall status but I have a couple of concerns:
- I found a white-yellow bag in the gum that sometimes drain, is this a sign of the infection still being there?
- I have scheduled the extraction for tomorrow, is there any problem with this "white-yellow" stuff for extraction?
- I still have ocasional strong pain, is this normal in case the infection had gone away?
Thank you very much!
Yes, it is a sign of infection.
Thanks for the query..
A white-yellow bag over the gum when you are diagnosed with Pericoronitis is due to Infection only..
It is a pus pocket or an abscess and is due to Infection..
You need not to worry about extraction as it can be done under antibiotic cover.
So proceed with it..
For pain you can take higher painkillers like Tramadol or Ketorolac.
Do warm saline gargles..
Do antiseptic mouthwash gargles..
Please write back for more queries..
Hope this helps..
Is it normal to still have the infection after 8 days on amoxicillin?
Again, thank you!
Yes it is possible
Yes Infection can last for even 8 days or more
You can also talk to your Dentist about prescribing higher antibiotics like Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium combination.
It can help you get rid of Infection faster..
Hope this helps..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for pericoronitis
- Treatment and cure for pericoronal abscess
- Treatment and cure for pericoronal inflammation
- Acute pericoronitis treatment
- Have pericoronitis wisdon tooth extracted swollen jaw painful suggestion
- Pericoronitis doxycycline
- Pericoronitis treatment in ayurveda
- What antibiotic need for treatment of pericoronitis
- Pericoronitis treatment
- Pericoronitis treatment in pregnancy